17 songs, just 4 chords and SLOW tempos. This DVD will help you prepare for your first jam class.
Bluegrass Jam Camp
using the Wernick Method*
Rogers AR, April 13-14 2019
Private residence (on Beaver Lake)
Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-3pm · snacks and lunch provided
Tuition $200 (before Feb 15: new students $190, returning $170!)
Lodging within 1 mile of venue:
- Rocky Branch Resort 800-925-1688 (mention camp for a 50% discount — $50/night room, $75/night room w/kitchenette!)
- Tanglewood Lodge 479-925-2100
- Coppermine Lodge 800-264-2214
- Beaver Lake Hide A Way Campground 800-209-0081
Jeanette Curry began teaching 5-string banjo and guitar in the 1980s and now also teaches beginning mandolin. She has performed at bluegrass festivals and state fairs in the Midwest, and at Silver Dollar City in Branson, has played with bluegrass bands including Flint Hill Flash, Subject to Change, and currently plays with Stained Glass Bluegrass and The Good Shepherd Pickers as part of an outreach ministry. Jeanette studied music at the Hutchinson Community Junior College in Kansas and currently teaches at the Arkansas Music Conservatory in Bentonville and at the Shepherd Music School in Rogers, AR.
Closet pickers, this is for you!
- • All bluegrass instruments welcome
- • No jamming experience necessary
- • You will be jamming the first morning!
Sign Up Now!
We'll email you full information you'll need for the class and the world of jamming! $50 deposit holds your spot! ($140 balance due at first class, $150 after Aug 1)Sign me up!
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email for registration info. Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details. 50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
How you qualify
It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or resonator guitar you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
Only requirements: You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. Fast playing is not expected, nor is the ability to solo required.
Intermediates welcome! You will be given extra challenges and jamming opportunities
Comments from Jeanette's students
“Jeanette is a gifted instructor who is willing to spend the time to teach the fundamentals. I could not have found a more knowledgeable instructor.”
“For a first-time bluegrass player the class was comfortable, positive, and a blast.”
“Jeanette has helped lift the "fog" that surrounds a beginning senior banjo player. I can recommend her as a skilled and positive teacher.”
“Jeanette's positive approach took me from a total beginner to intermediate level playing. Her upbeat personality and general enthusiasm for teaching created an environment I always looked forward to. Some 30 years later I'm a veteran of of several bands and countless jams.”
“Really enjoyed the class. The ability to just sit in with a group and feel comfortable playing is great.”
“Jeanette has more than satisfied a lifelong desire to play guitar. I will never be a pro but I can play well enough to enjoy it.”
Wernick Method Classes teach real bluegrass jamming!
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Gentle tempos! Mistakes expected!
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- How to find melodies, fake solos, sing harmony
- Ear skills taught and emphasized, as in real bluegrass
- Reading skills not needed or used
- Group and individualized instruction on backup skills
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
Wernick Method teachers are certified by Pete based on knowledge of bluegrass, teaching ability, and proper use of the Wernick Method.