Taught by Rick Sparks using the Wernick Method*
Friday-Sunday, Sep 19-21
at the Bluegrassin' in the Foothills Festival
Plymouth, CA (40mi east of Sacramento)
Fri 4-6pm • Sat & Sun 10am-noon
$60 in advance • $70 on site • $25 single session
(festival admission also required)
Rick's students say:
"Rick got us to make music together by the end of the first class--it seemed miraculous to me."
"Great class, Great fun "
"Rick is so patient and generous with his time and expertise."
"Rick did a superb job of teaching a mixed group of mostly beginners (I am one) and intermediate musicians to jam."
"You know how to put people at ease!"
"Rick's gentle yet persuasive nature is perfect for managing a jam class."
Sign up now and we'll send you full information preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
$60 in advance (festival admission also required)
Sign me up!|
All registrants receive a coupon code for $10 off any Jam DVD!
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email for registration info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email [email protected] for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
Or pay at the festival with check or cash!
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first session!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes allowed!
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)