"A landmark!" -- Bluegrass Unlimited
"Highly recommended without reservation." -- Banjo Newsletter
The "classic" that started many professional players, with almost a quarter-million copies in print!
A clear, complete course from the easiest chords, songs and beginning rolls to advanced licks and instrumentals. 143 pages with many photos, 43 tablatures.
Includes CD with examples, standard licks, moderate speed play-along favorite songs, presented in easy, intermediate, and advanced versions.
- Creating solos
- Music theory
- Playing with other people
- Melodic and single-string styles
- Double banjos
- Advanced rolls
- Learning from recordings
- Banjo construction and maintenance
- Most important recordings to study
- Slow playing
- Playing in different keys
- Non-G tunings
- Much more!